In this article, I will discuss how to install mcrypt extension in xampp.
In older version, it was crypt() package with crypt(1) command. Now that the crypt() package has been replaced with mcrypt. It is good to exchange data securely. There is no need for cryptography while you are using it. It also allows the developer to use a wide range of encryption features, and there is no need to change the code. It helps to write neat code.
Features of mcrypt
- Compression before encryption provides efficiency, faster encryption, and safety of data.
- The CFB mode is used in mcrypt, which helps to retrieve deleted files from the file or stream in the BCE, CBC, and OFB modes.
- mcrypt utilizes a 32-bit CRC to verify errors in encrypted files.
- It ensures that no important data is written to the disk.
Preconditions for how to install mcrypt extension in xampp
- There should be xampp installed on your server.
- You have to verify that mcrypt is already installed.
How to verify mcrypt already installation
Let’s verify that mcrypt has already been installed.
So to check it, you have to follow the below steps.
Step 1: Open XAMPP, click on the Config button, and open php.ini in your editor. Also, you can have a look at the below picture.
Step 2: Now search for the below terms in the php.ini file.
You can see it in the below image.
Step 3: If not found, you can follow the below steps to install mcrypt.
Installing and Enabling mcrypt extension in XAMPP
Step 1: Download the suitable version of the mcrypt package for your system using the official website.
Step 2: A zip file will be downloaded. Now extract the zip file and then paste the ” php_mcrypt.dll ” file into the following directory.
Step 3: Open XAMPP, click on the Config button then open php.ini in your editor.
Step 4: Paste the following phrase in the php.ini file as shown in the picture.
Step 5: Now restart the XAMPP server to see the effects. You can also go to the PHPInfo (by clicking on admin in XAMPP) page to verify the installation.
Conclusion of How to install mcrypt extension in xampp
In this tutorial, you will learn about How to install mcrypt extension in xampp. If you find it useful then please share it with your friends on Facebook or any other means. If you find any difficulties then you can ask in the comment section. Thank you.
- How to install PHP 7.4 on CentOS/RHEL 8
- How to install WordPress on CentOS/RHEL 8
- LAMP stack installation on CentOS/RHEL 7/8
- How to install the Apache web server on CentOS 8
- How to fix libwacom9 libwacom-common Package blocking upgrades error
how to install mcrypt php extension in xampp | how to install mcrypt php 7.2.3 extension in xampp for windows | how to install mcrypt php extension in xampp | how to install mcrypt php extension in xampp | how to install mcrypt php extension in xampp | mcrypt php extension required | download mcrypt php extension | mcrypt php extension missing cpanel | php mcrypt extension missing | warning: mcrypt extension needs to be loaded for opencart to work! | php 7.4 mcrypt | install mcrypt php 8 windows | install mcrypt extension in xampp | mcrypt in xampp for windows | to install mcrypt extension | enable mcrypt in php ini | laravel requires the mcrypt php | enable mcrypt in php ini